[Foundation-l] Where things stand now

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Sat May 8 16:06:02 UTC 2010

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> We were about to be smeared in all media as hosting hardcore pornography
> and doing nothing about it.  Now, the correct storyline is that we are
> cleaning up.  I'm proud to have made sure that storyline broke the way
> it did, and I'm sorry I had to step on some toes to make it happen.

So you created this much disruption as a public relations stunt?

> Now, the key is: let's continue to move forward with a responsible
> policy discussion.

No. The key is that you're willfully ignorant, willfully aloof, or some
horrible combination of the two. How many people have to say "YOU'RE FUCKING
UP" before you'll listen? Nobody had an issue with the deletion of some of
the hardcore, homemade, bad porn that you deleted. But, like a bull in a
china shop, you simply couldn't stop yourself, could you? And when people
pointed out your errors, rather than say "I'm sorry" and restore the images,
you re-deleted and continued your rampage.

Anything for a headline? What a jackass you are.

MZMcBride