[Foundation-l] Jimbo Wales acting outside his remit

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sat May 8 14:04:36 UTC 2010

Svip wrote:
> On 8 May 2010 14:43, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
>

>> Well, do you need a picture to explain a dildo?
>>

> Well, do you need a picture to explain a cloud?
>
> Do you need a picture to explain a wall?  A door?  A mobile phone?  An
> aeroplane?  And I could go on, until I would have totally disproved
> the usage of Commons following that logic.
>
> So answer me, what does make a picture of a cloud better than a
> picture of a dildo?  More people have seen a cloud than people who
> have seen a dildo.

I totally agree. Even the venerable BBC proudly displayed
a travelling "dildo set" from a century or more back, when
it was auctioned off at a fairly steep price by a premium
auction house, as a valuable collectible. I forget what the
technical term for it was, but it was fairly unpronouceable,
and definitely unspellable (by me at least).

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen