[Foundation-l] Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Sat May 8 11:12:11 UTC 2010

Hello Milos,

Milos Rancic wrote:
> By my opinion, the only urgency which WMF should do is to support Erik
> to fill a lawsuit against Larry Sanger ASAP. Also, if it is not
> possible to sue Fox and Larry Sanger on the basis of spreading lies
> about WMF in United States, I am sure that it is fully possible to sue
> them in Germany or France.

Without being a lawyer I am very sure that any German court will reject
such a sue because the court is not responsible (german: nicht
zuständig). The accusation is not conducted in Germany and neither party
is a legal person registered in Germany or German citizen.
> John Vandenberg proposed a good solution, involving Internet Content
> Rating Association [1] methods. It is in relation to your proposal.
> Please, consider it.

Yes, considerations and discussions are in this or similar direction.
Thank you very much for point it out to me / us.
> BTW, as mentioned before, Jimmy didn't make "some false decisions",
> but he made a small amount of right decisions and destroyed work of
> many volunteers. (There are complex problems related to recovering
> categorizations.)

I am quite sure that there will be post mortems on the event, both in
the community as well as in the board. My hope is that the most
important thing is we endly move forward, and if there were damages done
they get corrected again.

Greetings
Ting