[Foundation-l] Statement on appropriate educational content

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Sat May 8 11:05:04 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 08:09:34PM +1000, John Vandenberg wrote:
> On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Kim Bruning <kim at bruning.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 03:58:10PM +1000, John Vandenberg wrote:
> >> Instead of deleting pornographic content that we deem "important" to
> >> the projects, we can tag those images in a uniform manner and emit
> >> POWDER ICRA labelling[1] or similar. ?The filters can then scale with
> >> us.
> >
> > Shall we also make similar proposals favoring the governments of China and Iran re
> > political or religeous content?
>
> No, I don't beat my wife; thanks for asking. :P

Sorry, I didn't mean to ask that ;-)

> [[Internet Content Rating Association]]
>
> "The descriptive vocabulary was drawn up by an international panel and
> designed to be as neutral and objective as possible."

Ok, so if you want to do censorship, that would be the cleanest possible
way to do so.

> We already do what we can to help Muslims censor themselves.
>
> See [[Talk:Muhammad]], faq 4.

Dang.

All this censorship makes me feel a lot dirtier than the "smut" it is
censoring. <sigh>

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72