[Foundation-l] Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Fri May 7 20:19:52 UTC 2010

I try to understand what happened, but I'm not sure whether the pieces
that I found so far add up.

* Larry Sanger is mad about Wikimedia. [apparent]
* Larry Sanger notifies the FBI and tells them Wikimedia hosts child
porn. [affirmed]
* The FBI is rather unimpressed and does not take swift action. [apparent]
* Larry Sanger informs media about us alleging Wikimedia of hosting
porn. [unaffirmed]
* The (conservative) TV station FOX reports about Wikimedia and contacts
many important companies that have donated money for Wikimedia in the
past whether they want to comment on the allegations. [affirmed]
* The companies are contacting Wikimedia to ask what's going on.
[unaffirmed]
* The board worries about losses in donations and either sends Jimbo to
Commons or Jimbo unilaterally decides to handle the case. [unaffirmed]
* Without mentioning the previous developments Jimbo starts to delete
all files that are "porn" (in his opinion, not sparing PD-old artworks
etc.). Even engaging in edit-warring and ignoring input from the Commons
community and ignoring community policies. [affirmed]
* The Commons community condemns Jimbo's actions but has no power at all
to stop the "Founder"-flagged berserk. [affirmed]

Is this the story? Or are there any story arcs that I missed? Please
correct me, wherever I am wrong.

Marcus Buck
User:Slomox