[Foundation-l] Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri May 7 19:49:14 UTC 2010

On 7 May 2010 20:45, Jan-Bart de Vreede <janbart at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Speaking for myself I can state that Jimmy is a part of the community and that the board statement is in support of both his and the other administrators who have taken the initiative to clean up commons.
>
> Also, I would refer you to Jimmy's talk page on commons, as there is an active discussion going on there.

The board statement doesn't seem to be suggesting people take
unilateral action. If that is what you meant, you should have made it
explicit. The default in the Wikimedia movement is to discuss things
before taking action, not after, so that is what most people will have
interpreted your statement as meaning.