[Foundation-l] MMORPG and Wikimedia

Yann Forget yannfo at gmail.com
Fri May 7 07:41:03 UTC 2010

Hello,

2010/5/7 Noein <pronoein at gmail.com>:

> Please stop any sarcasm. There are ideas worth the consideration, as
> with any newly available technological tool.
> We're aiming in this mailing list to shape the futur of the human
> knowledge through the foundation, right? So it is right to talk about
> the future, it's not an arrogance.
> Of course, any affirmation about the future must be considered an
> hypothesis, however convinced may seem his bearer, but also however
> unconvinced we are. Listen and think. Then answer so that our
> interlocutor listens and thinks too. Otherwise, all this mailing list is
> sheer struggle of prestige, power or noise.
>

> Now, one of the unsolved questions of the WMF is: how do we plan to
> communicate with analphabets?

Thinking that analphabets would get encyclopedic knowledge through VR
shows a big misunderstanding of how the cause of analphabetism.
If people are analphabets is because they lack the resource to have a
proper education, so they won't get any access to a computer, much
less to Internet and VR worlds.

Regards,

Yann