[Foundation-l] New project proposal: wiki-based troubleshooting

Yao Ziyuan yaoziyuan at gmail.com
Tue May 4 21:24:42 UTC 2010

Geoffrey Plourde wrote:
> This is a interesting proposal, but I'd suggest taking the idea to Meta. There is already a
> Symptom checker at WebMD, but it could potentially upon a legal can of worms for WM to get
> involved in medical troubleshooting.

There may already be online troubleshooting wizards for a domain (e.g.
medicare), and people have to memorize the domain names of these
domain-specific troubleshooting wizards. What I propose is a single,
universal entry point for all your troubles in life --
WikiTroubleshooting.org, so that you don't need to memorize individual
sites like WebMD. It's like with Wikipedia -- if you want to learn
about something, you just go to a single website: wikipedia.org,
without learning about domain-specific knowledgebase websites.

Best Regards,
Yao Ziyuan
http://sites.google.com/site/yaoziyuan/