[Foundation-l] Vandalize wikipedia day on facebook

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon May 3 20:33:00 UTC 2010

On 3 May 2010 21:16, Kul Takanao Wadhwa <kwadhwa at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> As I was contacting the FB product team this morning (PST time) I
> noticed that it was already taken down through the normal channels.
> Thanks to everyone for finding and reporting this.

I think it's worth noting that such things are as the buzzing of flies
to the number of vandal edits Wikipedia gets *all the time*. The
efforts of this group would have been lost in the noise.

Vandalising Wikipedia is (a) easy (b) neither big nor clever. It's no
harder than littering, and as socially redeeming. We're used to
cleaning it up, but that's no reason to perpetuate it.

- d.