[Foundation-l] Wikipedia iPhone app goes v2.0

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Sun May 2 00:07:53 UTC 2010

Sorry if this has been posted or announced before or somewhere else, but I
just noticed it. For anyone out there with an iPhone, the official Wikipedia
App has been updated to version 2.0 as of last week:
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/wikipedia-mobile/id324715238?mt=8
As it says in the release notes "now with maps, bookmarks and near-complete
redesign"

Maps!! For me, the killer aspect of Wikipedia+mobile has got to be the
ability to find articles that are about things nearby me - so great job
getting this standard in the official app. Here's hoping the mobile
interface continues to flourish on different platforms, localisations and
with ever shinier and faster-loading features :-)

Thanks guys,
-Liam [[witty lama]]

wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata