[Foundation-l] Flagged Protection update for April 29

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Sat May 1 01:23:13 UTC 2010

On 04/30/2010 05:37 PM, Thomas Dalton wrote:
> On 1 May 2010 01:32, William Pietri<william at scissor.com>  wrote:
>
>> You should keep in mind that it definitely takes me more time and more
>> energy to deal with non-nice requests.
>>
> Really? How does me adding more words to my emails save you time?

It's not the quantity of words, but the choice of them.

When I am dealing with a polite message, I can write a quick reply. With
a prickly one, I have to do more drafts, so I can get past my first
reaction, a mainly negative one, and produce something positive in tone
and substance. I also need more time between messages, so that my
irritation in one doesn't slop over onto some undeserving correspondent.

As long as we're on the topic of etiquette, I find it frustrating when
people pick out one particular bit to reply to and ignore the broader
point. I add that only because I'm not sure if this was part of your
intentional policy against niceness, or a more accidental sort.

Hoping that is useful,

William