[Foundation-l] How to reply to a mailing list thread

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Mar 31 14:47:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> >
> > This post below, I've pretty much ignored
> > because it wasn't worth trying to sort through who said what.
>
> Yet instead of deleting it, you included the whole thing.

Correct.  It wasn't worth reading, but it was useful as an example of
something that isn't worth reading.

Yeah, it sucks for people reading their mail with a 2400 bps modem, but I
don't think everyone else should have to suffer through ambiguous messages
for the sake of those few.

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Svip <svippy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am still uncertain whether his comment that it was an example of a
> 'good toppost' was a joke, because I am getting that feeling.

No, wasn't a joke.  Sometimes topposting is good.  Specifically, when you
are replying to a message in its entirety, and not any particular part of
it.  This was an example.