[Foundation-l] Swedish Wikipedians removes Wikimedia logos

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 07:05:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
<cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> George Herbert wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>> And therefore if the Wikimedia logos are used with permission on
>>> Wikimedia-hosted projects, the earth will crack open, and dogs and cats will
>>> start living together openly.
>>>

>> Please stop using this example.  You're living in California again;
>> recall that the earth does crack open here at regular intervals.  If
>> you keep saying it enough it will come true, and then you'll be
>> Prophet Mike, and we'll all be doomed.
>>

> You may be thinking about another Usenet legend,,  you are
> talking to Mike Godwin, not James D. Nicoll of the "Nicoll Event"
> fame.
>

> Yours,
>
> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen

Are you suggesting I don't remember my formative net years, Jussi?
I'm far too young for Alzheimers, but old enough that the Morris Worm
was a firsthand experience...

I remember Mike from before the Law.  Long before the Law.  I know
James Nicoll.  I helped untangle Kent Paul Dolan's stunt with the
speculative fiction newsgroups.

.cabal and sci.physics.edward.teller.boom.boom.boom were a couple of
my pranks...  Yes, I murdered B-news.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com