[Foundation-l] Swedish Wikipedians removes Wikimedia logos

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 03:17:19 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, March 31, 2010, Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Thank you for recognizing that there are no *known* scenarios in which the
> current use of Wikimedia-owned images would be a problem. I can't imagine
> any either.

Consider a re-user displaying article contents including, for example,
an interwiki link template with the destination project's logo, but
displaying the text without hyperlinks. The original use case, linking
to a Wikimedia project, would not apply.

Some mirrors will strip some or all links, or replace them with their
own links. Similarly offline-readable versions of Wikimedia content
may strip or substitute links while retaining images (though you would
hope they would strip most templates too).

Stephen Bain,
- managing to trim replies and avoid top-posting from his mobile device

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com