[Foundation-l] Swedish Wikipedians removes Wikimedia logos

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 02:13:59 UTC 2010

In a message dated 3/30/2010 6:50:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mgodwin at wikimedia.org writes:

> I keep pointing out, of course, that there's lots of material in Swedish
> Wikipedia that's not freely licensed -- for example, the names of Living
> Persons or the true names of contributors who choose to share them.>>

---------

I'm going to disagree with this claim.  Are you suggesting that in order to
write an article about a living person, a reporter would need their license
to do so?  If not, then by an editor submitting an article on a person to
Wikipedia, they are de facto granting license to reuse that content per our
terms.

By submitting, using their true names, they are granting us the license to
use their true names per our terms.

How could we interpret any of that differently?  It seems like a
hodge-podge.
Any content submit, is being submit under a free reuse license.

W.J.