[Foundation-l] How to reply to a mailing list thread

Dan Rosenthal drosenthal at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 30 23:53:05 UTC 2010

Assuming that other people care about ones own form of mailing choice is
crap also, as far as this list is concerned. Let people do as they choose.
Nobody forces you to read their posts.

On Mar 30, 2010 7:45 PM, <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

Top posting is not what *creates* the crap.
Copying the entire email is a standard setting in some clients (toggleable)
and an optional setting in others (toggleable) and probably there are some
which don't let you select to do that, or undo it either!

Personally I don't want to scroll down through a 200 word email just to see
"me too" at the very bottom.

The real issue to me, is that those who have an email client which copies
the entire email in response, don't trim the verbage.

W.J.

In a message dated 3/30/2010 4:15:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,