[Foundation-l] How to reply to a mailing list thread

Neil Harris usenet at tonal.clara.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 23:38:43 UTC 2010

On 31/03/10 00:23, Thomas Dalton wrote:
> On 31 March 2010 00:15, John Vandenberg<jayvdb at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Of course I can read my email via gmail.com, which hides the "crap",
>> however that is not ideal when I want to read my email and compose
>>
> Get Gmail Offline, then! (You turn it on somewhere in preferences.) It
> uses Google Gears to enable you to read and compose emails offline and
> it syncs when it has a connection.

Again, Gmail Offline is a proprietary product, and stores all of your
mail in Google's cloud.

It's perfectly reasonable for people not to want either, and make their
own choice of both client and storage medium. Mailing lists, and the
ecosystem surrounding them, have worked just fine for around 40 years;
why break something that works just fine for other people as it is
currently?

-- Neil