[Foundation-l] How to reply to a mailing list thread

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 23:15:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> The easiest way to deal with such issues is use a decent mail client. I use
> Gmail and it ensures that all the threads are together and in order. It
> hides all the copies of old replies and given the copious amount of storage
> it is no problem that all the crap is still there.
>
> When you argue that this is not best practice, my question to you is, when
> has your best practice been re-evaluated for the last time.. Does it
> consider the improved functionality that is there for you to have ?

I am often in "outback" Australia, with only dialup or very slow
mobile broadband available.  It is very annoying to need to download
many copies of the same "crap" because people top post.

Of course I can read my email via gmail.com, which hides the "crap",
however that is not ideal when I want to read my email and compose

The best practise is to not assume that everyone has unlimited
broadband and access to these adv. web 2.0 gadgets - there are a lot
of pockets in the world which are not so fortunate.

--
John Vandenberg