[Foundation-l] Swedish Wikipedians removes Wikimedia logos

Christophe Henner christophe.henner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 15:01:55 UTC 2010

The thread is interesting. What sv. did is, from my perspective,
applying the same rules to Wikimedia logos that applies to all the
other logos. Wich is just rational for me. Not that I agree, just it's
rational.

Wikipedia should be made of free contents, logos are not free, they
remove the logos from the main namespace.

That's fine for me.

So to answer Lennart questions :
Is Swedish Wikipedia the first language version to not include the
Wikimedia Foundation's logos? As far as I know, yes.

Do any of you find this discussion strange? I don't. Why should we
reuse our own unfree logo and not others unfree logos. We aim to creat
a free encyclopedia that can be freely reused. Wikimedia Foundation
logos prevent that, they get removed. I do think it's a rational
decision, even if I do not agree with it :).

Or are Swedish Wikipedia just ahead of the curve? Yep :D

Christophe