[Foundation-l] Swedish Wikipedians removes Wikimedia logos

Przykuta przykuta at o2.pl
Tue Mar 30 07:43:37 UTC 2010

> > Hmm. It could be uploaded under cc-by-sa (3.0) by user:This_logo_is_one_of_the_official_logos_used_by_the_Wikimedia_Foundation with OTRS ticket
>
> They could, but that doesn't make it right. If someone uploads this
> image under cc-by-sa that would be just as much copyright violation as
> doing the same with any other image, if that person did not have
> permission from the Wikimedia Foundation to do so.

"with OTRS ticket" I mind permission from the Wikimedia Foundation. But - April Fools' Day is tomorrow... ;) and it is not the best joke; "we don't want copyright Wikimedia logos". Huh - an alternative logo for articles? Wikipedia Mascot for copyright puritnas? We use collage of Wikipedia logo on the Wikimedia Polska Conference: http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Konferencja_Wikimedia_Polska_2010 but for talking about free culture ... You know :)

przykuta