[Foundation-l] Swedish Wikipedians removes Wikimedia logos

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Tue Mar 30 00:38:43 UTC 2010

Mike Godwin hett schreven:
> My guess, admittedly based on nothing but anecdotal evidence, is that the
> Swedish Wikipedians who created this largely artificial and unnecessary
> dispute have not consulted independent trademark and copyright experts with
> regard to the rationale for their decision.

Might be true, I don't know. You are an expert, so share your knowledge.
What's the difference between e.g. Coca Cola with it's PD-old logo and
Wikimedia? Why do we need copyright restrictions to protect our projects
when Coca Cola (or any other company/organization with non-copyrighted
logo) does not?

Marcus Buck
User:Slomox