[Foundation-l] Fwd: Pt-Portuguese Wikipedia

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 03:06:32 UTC 2010

skype: node.ue

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Manuel Coutinho <info at maccoutinho.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:28 AM
Subject: Pt-Portuguese Wikipedia
To: node.ue at gmail.com

Dear Node,

It has come to my attention quite some time ago that the Portuguese version
of wikipedia is being overrun with articles written in Brazilian Portuguese,
some of which I have corrected myself but the problem has, long since grown
out of control.
I'm writting to suggest the creation of a new version of wikipedia in
Portuguese from Portugal, in an attempt to provide Portuguese users with
articles written in their correct version of the dialect.
I don't know why this hasn't been already implemented since the language
options on the control panel when you create a new wikipedia user create
that distinction already.
I hope that you take this under consideration and provide me with the
guidelines to start this project.
I'm sure that i will be able to find supporters that are willing to start
the process of translating already existing articles as well as creating new
ones.

Thank you very much.

Yours trully,

Manuel A. C. Coutinho
Designer de Comunicação
InstantDesign* Comunicação e Equipamento
www.instdesign.com

T +351 93 479 90 66
info at instdesign.com