[Foundation-l] Banners to increase editors

James Heilman jmh649 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 06:26:29 UTC 2010

Having trouble posting.  Trying again:

We had a banner last year to raise funds for the WMF.  Unsure if anyone has
suggested this yet but how about running a banner to encourage our readers
to: 1) add content 2) correct spelling 3) revert vandalism?

I have asked many people about their use of Wikipedia and many are unaware
that it is even possible for them to edit.  We could have something like
"Wikipedia is in the public domain that means it belongs to all of us.
Please help us expand, protect, and improve it" or some such thing?  We
could either run this sort of message alone or combine it with the fun
raiser banner next year?

--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, B.Sc.