[Foundation-l] Wikiversity

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Mar 17 12:42:04 UTC 2010

What's going on over at Wikiversity?  Jimmy Wales has now been threatened
with a block by someone who seems to be an admin in good standing, and he
responds that he has "the full support of the Wikimedia Foundation".  Is
this true?  What does it mean?

Wales also has said that he is "discussing closure of Wikiversity with the
board".  Is there a public place where this is being debated, or is this all
being done behind the scenes?  Is it even true that this discussion is
taking place?

I'm sorry if I'm repeating some discussion that's already been had, but I
checked the archives and I couldn't find anything.

http://en.wikiversity.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Jimbo_Wales&oldid=545523#Your_behaviour_in_Wikiversity
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wikiversity:Community_Review/Wikimedia_Ethics:Ethical_Breaching_Experiments#Board_discussing_closure_of_Wikiversity