[Foundation-l] Changes in Language committee practice: ancient and constructed languages

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 11:35:38 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> Setting this up as a separate Wikisource does not seem like a good
> idea.  It should be noted that the 180 or so pages in Upper Sorbian at
> Oldwikisource are essentially the efforts of a single individual.

This is another issue, related to the final approval. Just active
projects (at Multilingual Wikisource, Beta Wikiversity or Incubator)
can be approved. Nothing has changed in relation to that [and it would
be stupid to change it].

There are two steps which one proposal has to pass: eligibility and
approval. The most of problems about which we were talking last years
in relation to LangCom are related to eligibility, not to approval.
Approval is relatively straight-forward issue: translated interface +
sustainable activity.