[Foundation-l] Texas Instruments signing key controversy

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Mar 6 23:28:05 UTC 2010

Dan Rosenthal wrote:
> Doesn't matter how they were posted. If they were, and there is a valid notice, the action is to expeditiously remove them, notify the poster and let the poster decide if they want to counter-notice and contest it.
>
> All the second guessing in the world is irrelevant to a fight between two people (TI and the key-poster), neither of which are the WMF, and presumably neither of which are you. This is not our battle to fight.

Nothing in the law says that the person issuing the counter-notice must
be the person who originally posted the material in question. As I read
it, anyone who feels that the takedown notice was invalid can file a
counter-notice. That means, of course, that any person willing to file a
counter-notice is also willing, and perhaps enthusiastic, to have his
day in court.

Ec