[Foundation-l] Texas Instruments signing key controversy

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 13:30:30 UTC 2010

On 4 March 2010 19:41,  <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
> Which means of course that a person could claim copyright to the very
> technology underlying Wikipedia, and demand the entire project be taken  down.
> In fact a different mentally ill person could make this claim every  month
> and force the project offline.
>
> That's the world you're advocating?  No responsibility on the part of  the
> office to even make the slightest attempt to verify the claim?
>

> W.J.

Copyright doesn't work like that.

However it is already established that there are a number of core
areas where the foundation is prepared to get involved in legal
fights. Bridgeman Art Library v. Corel Corp. for example. The legal
status of mediawiki is another where I expect it would. Some
calculator of little note? It would appear not.

--
geni