[Foundation-l] Discussion about proposal for multilingual Wikibooks

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 15:57:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:21 AM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> According to the Language proposal policy, Language committee may approve just a project which intends to be written in one language.

True, the language sub committee is asked to attend to details about
specific languages; we need a similar process for deciding when to
form a multilingual site.

People are still sharply divided about whether beta wikiversity and
oldwikisource are good ideas, based on which one they've had good
experiences with.  We need a better view of how the new-language
process works for them and for incubator.  My sense is that incubator
could satisfy a lot of what people want out of Project-specific
multilingual sites, with a few additional features.

SJ