[Foundation-l] Discussion about proposal for multilingual Wikinews

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 06:23:48 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am cleaning Requests for new languages [1] at Meta. Some of the
> requests are clearly out of the Language committee scope, and they
> need wider discussion for concluding them.
>
> One of such requests is for multilingual Wikinews [2]. Please, discuss
> here (at foundation-l; I am sending this message to wikinews-l to poke
> those who are not at foundation-l) or on wiki at the page [2].
>
> [1] - http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages
> [2] - http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikinews_multilingual

The request has been rejected as invalid. The explanation for
rejection is below:

According to the Language proposal policy, Language committee may
approve just a project which intends to be written in one language.
Thus, this proposal is invalid. If you want to create multilingual
Wikinews, please create a page Multilingual Wikinews and start
discussion about the idea at wikinews-l. --Millosh  06:16, 3 March
2010 (UTC)