[Foundation-l] Sue Gardner, Erik Möller , William Pietri: Where is FlaggedRevisions?

Peter Gervai grinapo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 21:04:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 21:36, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Are you aware of the fact that it's been used in non-English
>> wikipedias for years? And it's been quite a successful feature.
>
> "Years" is a bit of an exaggeration. German Wikipedia was first and
> that was May 6, 2008. That's a little under 2 years.

I stand corrected. "It's been used for more than a year now, ..."

Much better, you're right. ;-)

> I don't think anyone has actually done any objective review of its success.

Which does not imply it's been a failure. But generally my measure would be
a) bad mood/stress level of the editors doing patrolling (which by my
educated guess went down), and
b) the incidents of indecent/unwanted content appearing for the wide
public (which by my observation definitely went down, my guess is
close to zero).

There are people who thought it's a miracle and now disappointed that
it wasn't. It doesn't solve world peace, hunger, and article quality
problems, among other things. But what it does is basically make usual
vandalism pointless.

At least on my home wiki, huwp.

Still it's okay for me "to have it implemented and let people to see
_whether_ it's a failure".
--
 byte-byte,
    grin