[Foundation-l] [Announcement] Extension of user experience work

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 11:36:21 UTC 2010

On 2 March 2010 09:19, Naoko Komura <nkomura at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The Stanton usability project is in the final phase, but we are still developing one of the most complicated features we worked so far,    collapsing and form-based templates.  We are faced with a lot of challenges, but we hope to be able to share the prototype in coming weeks.

Usable WYSIWYG for templates will do *wonders* for contributions to
en:wp. Wikitext has pretty much turned into impenetrable computer
guacamole for non-technical prospective contributors. Even I find it
daunting.

(I look forward to Greg Maxwell's bug reports, he's been doing rather
well at breaking the Wikia WYSIWYG ;-)

- d.