[Foundation-l] WMF Mid-Year Financial Statements

Veronique Kessler vkessler at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 2 02:27:34 UTC 2010

Hello Folks,

I am pleased to announce that the Wikimedia Foundation Mid-Year
Financial Statements (covering the period July 1 through December 31,
2009) are now posted to the WMF website at:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Financial_reports#2009-2010_fiscal_year

We have also posted answers to anticipated questions:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Financial_reports/July_2009_to_December_2009_Mid-Year_FAQ

The upshot is: The Wikimedia Foundation's financial situation continues
to be strong; we have met our overall revenue goal for the year and
projections say that we will exceed plan by about 50%.
Expenses were underspent at the beginning of the year but are catching
up and we project expenses to be close to the original plan, maybe a
little higher.

Please feel free to email with any questions or concerns you have.

Veronique Kessler