[Foundation-l] three-letter language codes

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 09:10:04 UTC 2010

Amir,

I think this is a good idea. For the sake of consistency, we should
choose a single standard to follow rather than a hodge-podge of newer
standards, older (although still valid) standards, and ad hoc codes we
made up on the spot (als, nrm) and custom codes (bat-smg, roa-tara,
roa-rup, fiu-vro, map-bms, be-x-old). It also seems potentially
confusing to me that we have codes that overlap, for example na.wp and
nap.wp, ro.wp and roa-rup.wp, etc.

-m.