[Foundation-l] ASCAP comes out against "copyleft"

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Jun 26 20:35:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:47 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>wrote:

> Online distribution doesn't favor having a lot of middle men,
> certainly not a lot of _profitable_ middlemen...

I've yet to see much evidence of that.  Online distribution seems to love
middle men as much as any other distribution, and obviously _profitable_
middlemen are the ones providing the greatest benefit.  (According to
Wikipedia, "iTunes accounts for 70% of worldwide online digital music
sales".

That said, online distribution seems to love *different* middle men.  That
perhaps is more the problem ASCAP is having.