[Foundation-l] Your abuse of moderator status

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 14:42:40 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Jeffrey Peters
> <17peters at cardinalmail.cua.edu> wrote:
>> Austin,
>>
>> Maybe you didn't realize but I am the top organizer of Wikiversity. Gerard's
>> call for political activism against that organization is completely
>> unacceptable and harms projects like my own that have to deal with large
>> institutions and the rest.
>>
>> If you want to claim that I should be moderated, then push that fringe
>> political view as you just did, then there is something very wrong here.
>> Your statements about the legality have been 100% wrong, to an embarrassing
>> extent. These two combined represent a very major problem.
>>
>> The Foundation-l is for Foundation discussion, and not for pushing fringe
>> views that would embarrass our projects. You do realize that, right?
>> Moderators serve only as long as they enforce that, and are you going to
>> demonstrate in the above that you will be doing 100% opposite of your job?
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Jeffrey Peters
>> aka Ottava Rima
>>

> 1. My name is André, not Austin
> 2. The first one to call for moderation was you
> 3. If copyleft is embarassing wikiversity, then I propose you leave
> the Wikimedia Foundation, because it happens to be  one of our
> principles
> 4. I did not abuse my moderator status, i donáf [pyojh[- n[  ¾»bnyttfg

Hm, I suspect he meant to send that to me.  Good reply though,
Andre—I'm happy to let you field list administrator e-mails any day.

Very simply, Jeffrey, I'll take you off moderation when you've
demonstrated that you can contribute to a topic without acting like a
jerk.  I've got to say that you're not doing a very good job of it, so
far.

Austin