[Foundation-l] ASCAP comes out against "copyleft"

Jeffrey Peters 17peters at cardinalmail.cua.edu
Fri Jun 25 22:49:49 UTC 2010

Dear Ryan,

Creative Commons is two things: 1. a license, which only applies to
non-pirated work, and 2. those like Gerard who believe in removing copyright
as a whole and try to hide illegitimate actions behind legitimate ones.
There are thousands of websites that illegally republish music lyrics,
poems, books, etc.

The law that is desired would make it so those people lose access. Not those
who own their own music, but that which is copyrighted.

Those are the only people that could be targeted.

To try and use this email server to push for a protection of piracy is
disgusting, immoral, and inappropriate in any manner. It needs to stop
immediately.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey Peters
aka Ottava Rima