[Foundation-l] encouraging women's participation

Noein pronoein at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 09:02:47 UTC 2010

Some ideas to increase the social aspect of Wikipedia:
- - insert a small chat with channels for each chapter (for example where
the interwiki links were ;) )
- - make a tab for personal comments for articles, where people can
express their feelings
- - show the last 10 comments on the right side of the article
- - soften the notability criterion
- - make a reward system for spell correction (automatically attributed by
bot unless reverted), for adding references (must be validated by
moderator or voted by users)
- - associate galleries of sounds and/or photos that you can expand or
browse with one click
- - create challenges or games for wikipedia: charades pointing to an
article to be discovered, collections to be completed (find ten articles
with x or y characteristics), create fantasy articles only useful for
the game with a warning that it's only RPG, etc.
- - allow a friend system and allow to import them from facebook
- - develop the homepage of wikipedia and wikinews so that they combine
major news with the major updates of the pages we are watching, and more
information about your friends
- - allow a button "recommend this article to a friend" with feedback from
the friend, like a karma count, a thank you count, or the likes
etc.