[Foundation-l] Are Wikimedia websites a proper venue for an artistic contest ?

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Sat Jun 12 13:01:37 UTC 2010

Teofilo hett schreven:
> I discovered this morning "poor composition" as an argument for
> deleting a picture (from someone else, not me). It means that the
> "picture of the day" people are slowly highjacking Wikimedia Commons
> to turn it into a beauty contest.

If that really is the only reason for deletion then the deletion request
will be denied soon. It's just a single person. Everybody can file a
deletion request. You don't need to bother about a single person with
bad judgement. There are other people with better judgement who will
straighten it.

Marcus Buck
User:Slomox