[Foundation-l] hiding interlanguage links by default is a BadIdea, part 2

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 18:47:42 UTC 2010

On 5 June 2010 19:40, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the good reason usability team thought data from English
> Wikipedia visitors' behaviors and alone were enough to design for all
> other 200+ languages' readership? It looks me an obvious mistake in
> opposition of your statement.

Indeed. There appears to be *no* community or reader groundswell in
favour of hiding the interwiki links by default.

Where are the fans? So far I see Aryeh in favour. Is there anyone
else? On foundation-l or the blog?

If this is such a good idea, where are the voices in favour, outside
the Foundation staff?

For a decision that directly contradicts the words of the mission
statement, by hampering the process of people finding knowlege in
their own language, this really does not appear good enough.

Where is the communtiy or reader groundswell *in favour* of this move?
It appears nonexistent.

- d.