[Foundation-l] hiding interlanguage links by default is a BadIdea, part 2

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 18:28:18 UTC 2010

On 5 June 2010 19:03,  <susanpgardner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Austin, think about who "everyone" is.  The folks here on foundation-l are not representative of readers.  The job of the user experience team is to try to balance all readers' needs, which is not easy, and will sometimes involve making decisions that not everyone agrees with. People here have given some useful input, but I think it's far from obvious that the user experience team has made a "mistake.". (I'm not really intending to weigh in on this particular issue -- I'm speaking generally.)

The readers are not objecting on foundation-l. They are objecting on the blog.

I notice that Howie Fung avoided answering my question: What would it
take for this decision to be reversed?

Also, you may be able to answer the question of what would happen if a
wiki showed community conensus to remove this. Would the foundation
forcibly keep it in place?

- d.