[Foundation-l] Texts deleted on French Wikisource

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Jun 5 16:41:33 UTC 2010

Here's my attempt at trying to answer these.

Yann Forget wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could someone please explain the following from this page:
> http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca/counter512.pdf
>
> 1. What does it mean that "I consent to accept service of process from
> the party who submitted the take-down notice"?

Since a counterclaim involves the possibility that the rights claimant
may go to court, this simply means that you agree to receive any legal
paperwork in connection with such a case.  The claimant could then send
it directly to you without going through WMF.
> 2. In the phrase "Each of those works were removed in error and I
> believe my posting them does not infringe anyone else's rights." Does
> it mean "does not infringe anyone else's rights _in USA_"? or
> everywhere in the world?

This would be as determined by US law since you are giving jurisdiction
to US courts.  The claimant can make that claim from anywhere in the
world. Foreign rights could be protected to whatever extent they are
recognized by US law.

Ray