[Foundation-l] Communication

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 09:29:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Mike Godwin <mnemonic at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think if you look at what we did with regard to the Gallimard takedowns...

Going back to the original issue regarding communication, the
appearance of Mike on this thread shows me that this mailing list is
one good way to get the Board's attention.

If Mike hadn't been able to deal with an issue and he felt it was
important he would just walk across to or email someone who is better
placed to respond.

On that basis I would say there isn't a communication issue. It might
be hard for a newbie to know where to go, but in a way that protects
the staff from being overwhelmed by the many millions who visit the
site and have a query. I actually think it's a good thing to have
barriers to communicating with WMF staff. In that way, we the
community become sort of receptionists for them; we can either deal
with a complaint or question ourselves or, if it so warrants, bump it
up here or directly email the WMF.

User:Bodnotbod