[Foundation-l] Communication

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 20:09:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can argue, and have argued, that participants should know
> this already or can easily discover the relevant information with some
> digging. But why not spare them the effort? It's fully possible that
> the folks most interested in the specific content are no longer paying
> close attention, or will be discouraged enough to just give up. Is
> posting a link to a useful description of put-up procedures really a
> liability for the WMF?

I see nothing preventing the community from adopting a template including
information about put-up procedures.  If the community were to do this, it
would not create liability for WMF. I believe David Gerard has suggested
something similar.

> The idea here is that some communication is not necessarily ideal
> communication, and we can acknowledge that an effort was made while
> still asking for just a little bit more.

I'm pleased, of course, that a few people do acknowledge that the effort was
made.

--Mike