[Foundation-l] Texts deleted on French Wikisource

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 03:44:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 8:08 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:

> It sounds like you are suggesting that there is ongoing dialog between
> WMF and Gallimard.. ?

There is not.

> And what is the process _after_ the takedown?

The takedown is normally the end of the process. Unless you are asking
something else. Please be aware that I cannot offer you legal advice about
how to respond to a takedown. There are a number of resources online,
including I believe on Wikipedia (or linked from there), that may give you
pointers. One of the few put-up notices I have received was perfectly
executed by a non-lawyer Wikipedian.

> Did the National Portrait Gallery not provide a properly crafted take
> down notice?

That's correct.

--Mike