[Foundation-l] Office action

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 03:09:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:56 AM,  <wjhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> Do we really want every contributor to be an expert in the copyright laws of any particular nation that might have a company exerting some obscure claim?

We want every contributor who is going to be submitting non-original
content (whether texts for Wikisource or images for Commons etc) to
know about US copyright law, and where applicable, copyright law for
what you might call the 'primary' country for the language of their
local project.

So your question rephrased for these circumstances is do we want
French contributors to be expert in French copyright law when
contesting copyright claims by French companies, and the answer is
yes.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com