[Foundation-l] Office action

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 23:51:15 UTC 2010

Hoi,
The question is not so much what you believe but very much the reputation Mr
Godwin has. In my appreciation he has an excellent reputation based on the
many relevant jobs that he has had in the past. There are not many people
who are associated with a "law" that is named after them.

When you consider the relevance of the Wikimedia Foundation and its
projects, the number of jurisdictions that are associated with Wikipedias
because of a language that is associated with that country it is really
amazing that there are so few lawyers working for the Wikimedia Foundation.

Mr Godwin is the lawyer for the Wikimedia Foundation, he is not your lawyer,
he is not the lawyer of the project where you feel at home. His job is to
ensure the legal prudence of the WMF and keep its projects safe. When you
feel that certain decisions of the WMF are wrong, your best line of action
is to go to a lawyer that practices law in the relevant jurisdiction explain
your case and have him talk to Mr Godwin. Indeed at your cost, he is after
all your lawyer.

Finally as it seems to be necessary to understand Latin in order to read
your rant, I want to use that language with "Cave canum". What I know of
that language is thanks to those fine Gauls immortalised by Underzo and
Goscinny. Brassica is translated in apekool in my language but I am not sure
that translates well.
Thanks,
      GerardM