[Foundation-l] OmegaWiki support for Wikipedia and Commons

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 07:01:17 UTC 2010

Hoi,
In the last week we had new functionality go live in OmegaWiki that point
you to Wikipedia articles and to the Commons category. We prefer to point
you to an article in your language. A good example can be found in todays
word of the day: astronomia horloĝo.
<http://www.omegawiki.org/Expression:astronomia_horlo%C4%9Do>

We aim to give you a link to your language, but when we do not have it,
English is what we fall back to and whatever is available is next. In the
link we state that it is a "Wikipedia article" or a "Commons category". We
need your help for the translation of these expressions.

I am quite pleased that thanks to the great work of Kipcool the argument for
OmegaWiki as a WMF project started by Milos is that much stronger.
Thanks,
     GerardM

http://www.omegawiki.org/Expression:Wikipedia_article
http://www.omegawiki.org/Expression:Commons category