[Foundation-l] Adopting OmegaWiki as Wikimedia project

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Mon Jul 19 15:54:13 UTC 2010

I think it would be best to first discuss the general question (if) and
later more specific questions (how) like the license. Although important, it
is more important to determine if we want this in the first place. Once we
know that, we can work out the exact conditions from both sides :)

Questions to consider in the if-question would be:
* How does this influence other projects, both positively and negatively
* Do we believe there can be a stable community supporting this (this has
proven to be problematic in the past)
* Would it be good for OmegaWiki, or would it mean that it would practically
split up and that two competing projects arise?
* Do we want anything that doesnt work exactly like MediaWiki works in
enwiki (as in, more database-like), is that a nogo?

Probably you can imagine more questions like this.

Lodewijk