[Foundation-l] Statistics on edit summary usage on Wikipedia and standard summaries buttons

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Sun Jul 18 11:50:24 UTC 2010

2010/7/18 Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com>:
> [[User:Mauro742]] has produced some statistics:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usage_of_edit_summary_on_Wikipedia
> There are great differences among Wikipedias.
> Apparently, sk.wiki and pl.wiki are the only Wikipedias where standard
> edit summaries buttons are used, and where edit summary usage is about 90%.

I may have missed something, but standard edit summary buttons are
also used in Russian and Hebrew Wikipedias. I am curious to know the
statistics about these two.

They are often beneficial, but sometimes they cause lazy or malicious
people to write "copyediting" in the summary after they actually
changes significant content.

--
אָמִיר אֱלִישָׁע אַהֲרוֹנִי
Amir Elisha Aharoni