[Foundation-l] Boycott in ace at wiki

Prodego prodego at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 18:19:07 UTC 2010

Talking about the inclusion of different images is beside the point. Each
project can, and does, decide what content is appropriate for it. You could
call this selection "censorship", although it is very much an editorial
decision that anyone writing anything must make. If a particular wiki
decides not to show some particular image then so be it. There is no problem
with what consensus on different wikis decides, be that about article
wording, image inclusion, style guidelines... The only problem I see is that
the main page of a WMF site being used to make a statement about another
site (which happens to also be a WMF site). This I do not consider to be
acceptable. It is outside the scope of  "the growth, development and
distribution of free, multilingual content" that the WMF claims to be about.
Regardless of if acewiki has a problem with another site, they should not be
using the main page of Wikipedia to air their grievances.

Prodego